Photographer William Wegman and his weimaraners for Swedish clothing brand Acne. Welcome to Linkness, where we take reading as seriously as this dog takes fashion.
Remember, you can receive the week’s best original and curated reading by email when you sign up to Nextness Once a Week.
If you only read one thing.
- In the midst of an erupting crisis, the best value a brand can deliver may be silence | AgencySpy
- Identity-based habits: how to actually stick to your goals this year | James Clear
- Can women in advertising really ‘Lean In’? | Digiday
- Australian marketers increase their digital marketing budgets | Econsultancy
- Telling it like it is: the power of ‘affect labeling’ in real life | Seven Shift Leadership
- The inability to manage client feedback causes your design work to suffer. Here are some ways to work with feedback that will help keep your design projects running smoothly, while reducing the tension that poorly considered feedback can cause in a client relationship | Co.Design
- Proving marketing’s contribution to the bottom line | Sell Or Else
- Cold-pressed juices and “red ocean strategy” versus “blue ocean strategy” | NYTimes.com
- Three reasons to ban the word ‘entrepreneur’ (and one idea for what to put in its place) | RSA blogs
- How innovation differs within agencies vs. product companies | ezeep blog
Data and technology.
- Tech is letting go of the follower count: the Internet’s popularity metric of choice is growing increasingly irrelevant. But what comes next? | Buzzfeed
- The anatomy of an experience map | Adaptive Path
- How to avoid being a polished turd and other thoughts on prototyping | Undercurrent
- “I take my selfies because I am that guy who, unless he takes the picture or suggests it, doesn’t get his picture taken.” | The Good Men Project
- Tavi Gevinson creator of The Style Rookie is the next big media mogul | Adweek
- News is bad for you – and giving up reading it will make you happier | The Guardian
- A sense of power has dramatic effects on thought and behaviour | The Creativity Post
- Relationships are more important than ambition | The Atlantic
- The science of revising your creative writing | draft
- The liminal state is what you find yourself in just before you have a breakthrough, or just before you fully understand something, make it yours | Anthony Mayfield
- It’s fair to say almost everyone who works in the creative industries has a side project incubating in their dreams. But DT strategist Athan Didaskalou has actually made his happen. How to balance passion projects with working full time. | NEXTNESS
STW Group news.
- Perth Zoo plays ‘Who am I?’ in latest radio campaign via The Brand Agency + Eardrum | Campaign Brief Western Australia
- STW ECD and Lawrence Creative CEO Neil Lawrence will be appearing in two panels: Crafting the Message and Sydney Writers’ Festival and mUmBRELLA 360.