If you only read one thing.
- Seven tips for shifting a mindset in your organization | HBR
- The crime of Ownerism | campaignliveblog
- How Medium is building a new kind of company with no managers | First Round Capital
- Do you need to a hire a “developer evangelist”? | The Next Web
- What’s my motivation? One of two states tends to dominate the way we think: a promotion focus or a prevention focus. We need to be aware of these motivating forces if we’re to be successful influencers | Strategy + business
- The Picasso Effect: having an exceptional idea isn’t enough; if it is to catch fire, the market conditions have to be right | Ian Leslie
Data and technology.
- Revisiting: Will big data change the 2013 election? | The Drum
- Project Loon: the untold story of Google’s quest to bring the internet everywhere – by balloon | Wired.com
- “I spent close to a decade using a variety of surveillance tools to spy on, stalk and otherwise monitor my three daughters’ online behavior as teenagers.” | GigaOm
- How teens use social media (“there’s a sense of artistry mashed together with counter intuitive behavior that just works”) and why it matters to you | Brian Solis
- How two friends turned their online shop into a brick and mortar store | The Billfold
- User experience is more than design – it’s strategy | UXmatters
- Instead of waiting for interesting projects to apply for money, the Knight Foundation has started offering competitions to find ways to give away funds. Here’s how they make it work. | FastCoExist
- What is a story arc? A writing teacher’s detailed explanation | The Millions
- Long form stories, and why quality, not velocity, is the future of online news | FastCoLabs
STW Group news.
- STW reports increased revenues and profits despite ‘new normal’ of sluggish economy.
- The writer revealed in latest campaign for The Melbourne Writers Festival via JWT Melbourne.
- DT’s Gordon McNenney on some simple UX experiences every website should get right.
- Andrew Baxter’s latest column for the Media section of The Australian.
- Ogilvy PR Australia’s CEO Kieran Moore has been awarded CMO Asia’s Women in Leadership Award for Excellence in Advertising and Public Relations.
- Social@Ogilvy’s Yianni Konstantopoulos’ latest column on ‘The social election’ takes a look at the major parties’ email strategy.
- Nestle launches Wonka chocolate brand with animated ‘Wondrous Rhyme’ TVC via JWT Sydney.
- JWT Melbourne has some new additions in senior creative roles.
- Ex Campaign Palace Melbourne joint CD Jacqui Paterson lands senior creative role at Spinach.
- Government relations firm Hawker Britton launches digital offshoot Connect2Government.
- The White Agency announces new roles.
OMG | cool | wow.
- Why are we promoting a rival curator?! Still, if you’re not subscribed to Alex Vitlin’s Show Us Ya Links, you’re missing out.
- Wry, true. A Recap Of Last Night’s Episode Of Television Show.
- How an unscripted train commercial went viral and united a nation.
- Clever. Project Drive-In: Honda’s campaign to save drive in theatres.
- Eerie 24 hour webcam at Andy Warhol’s grave.
- Viz is an iOS App that lets you create simple graph charts instantly.
- Possible hints of consciousness after death found in rats.
Remember, you can receive the week’s best original and curated reading by email when you sign up to Nextness Once a Week.