Liking isn’t helping. Real life photos with added thumbs up in this powerful campaign for a disaster relief organisation. Whew. (And welcome to a new edition of Linkness!)
If you only read one thing.
- Because we’ll all have to do it sooner or later: How to apologize online | Medium
- The CMO’s guide to the Chief Digital Officer | Christopher Rollyson
- A simple rule to eliminate useless meetings | LinkedIn
- How brands brace for crisis in the social media age: the playbook | Social@Ogilvy
- The secret to having more time in your life | Wrestling Possums
- Digital disintegration: integrated marketing communications is “not all it’s cracked up to be.” Blame digital. | Sawdust
- On diversity in advertising. Dan Wieden of Wieden and Kennedy noticed that the faces in his office looked remarkably similar. He’s set out to fix that | Co.Exist
Data and technology.
- Talent, not tech, key to data marketing: Leon Bombotas, national director of data@Ogilvy | Marketing magazine
- The new age of discipline. (And yet: “Patience, strategic thinking and deference to authority, he added, are things “that do not come naturally to” those who have grown up in an online culture.” | The Guardian
- “I’ve launched quite a few projects and the lack of reaction can be incredibly difficult to deal with emotionally.” Why you should support (and share) your friends’ work. | Nelson Roberto
- Discover your personal narrative | Harvard Business Review
- Enough “linguistic bids for dominance” in emails! Use the power of powerless communication | Susan Cain
- Related: Ten techniques to build rapport | Farnam Street
- Related: Email is people. “That’s what we’re putting off, avoiding, not making time for, bitching about. People who want to connect with us — we are rejecting them.” | Whitney Hess
- Lou Reed reviews Kanye West. Interesting thoughts on genius, beauty and what is new | The Talkhouse
- “I remember I wasn’t feeling that well that day, and I was thinking, Is the music making me sick? I don’t feel good about this.” Producer Rick Rubin helped make Kanye’s album in 15 days; this interview is full of insights about the creative process | Newsweek
Remember, you can receive the week’s best original and curated reading by email when you sign up to Nextness Once a Week.