Remember, you can receive the week’s best original and curated reading by email when you sign up to Nextness Once a Week. Google Reader shuts down on July 1 (RIP) so if you’re looking at this in Reader, we recommend signing up for the email at least until you have your RSS alternative sorted out. Here’s a helpful guide to the best RSS options.
If you only read one thing.
- How to get important people to respond to your emails | Quartz
- Quiet doesn’t work in ad agencies | TalentZoo.com
- How to get ahead at work: Say ‘yeah’ | The Week
- Three types of deadlines and what they teach us | Scott Belsky
- Using advertising solely as a means to drive short-term sales is a dangerous strategy | Campaign
- How adland’s vicious billing cycle is costing everyone | Advertising Age (US)
- Experience slows you down | Medium
Data and technology.
- At its heart, web design should be about words | Justin Jackson
- IBM on digital transformation | exitcreative
- Post-process: why the smartphone camera changed photography forever | The Verge
- Rethink the way you live: a popular design blogger asks How many times will I promote excessive spending in the name of “inspiration?” | Design For Mankind
- Voters don’t care how women in politics look | Washington Post
- In ‘Mad Men,’ Don Draper “operates like a real modern artist, without numbers, graphs, or computers limiting or guiding him in any way” | Medium
- Want to be more creative? Stop burning the midnight oil, rock star. You’re better off and maybe more creative keeping unglamorous, 8-hours-of-sleep hours. | Co.Create
- Ambivalence: conflicted feelings cause discomfort and creativity | Slate Magazine
STW Group news.
- “The reason I will choose one product or one brand over another is that I want cool stuff, new experiences, smooth relationships, no hassles, the cheapest and the best – because my loyalty is, if I’m honest, easily bought with any of this.” | The White Agency
- Ogilvy Melbourne continues winning streak; wins essastone brand campaign | Campaign Asia
- Ikon wins Stockland Residential account | mUmBRELLA
- Ogilvy PR wins Mercer account | mUmBRELLA