A nice wrap up of 2012 trends and start ups by Deutsch LA. Welcome to a bumper edition of Linkness!
If you read one thing.
- Has the internet run out of ideas already? | The Observer
- A primer on strategy | Farnam Street
- I am ashamed of my greatest failing-but at last I am beating it | Wrestling Possums
- The next big thing | Umair Haque, Harvard Business Review
- Talent wars: agencies are battling Silicon Valley for the best people. Here’s how they can win | Adweek
- Marketing capabilities the key to brand acquisitions: Investors reward companies that buy stand-alone brands they can market better than the sellers did | Strategy Business
- “Meaningful” startups | Chris Dixon
- Turntable.fm: where did our love go? “I can tell now when people say, ‘How’s it going?’ they mean, ‘You’re flattening, aren’t you?’” | Inc.com
- The companies combatting climate change in the most innovative ways | Co.Exist
- Is innovation fueled by conflict or cooperation? | Harvard Business Review
- Agile, social, cheap: The new way NPR is trying to make radio | Nieman Journalism Lab
- Myself, quantified. How data saved a W+K employee’s life | Extenuating Circumstances
- Can a brand be “too sustainable to fail”? | Brand Channel
- Easter Island, choice, and making things people want | smithery
- Making is marketing, marketing is making | smithery
- How to fix Popchips’ racist ad campaign | Anil Dash
- Aussie consumer confidence falls to pre-GFC levels, 1/3 of Aussies think we’re in recession | mUmBRELLA
- How to tell if your agency is integrated | John St.
- Isn’t it about time that advertisers and agencies were brought to account for the way they pollute our lives? | The Sell! Sell! Sell! blog
- Facebook urges members to add organ donor status | NYTimes.com
- Nine articles ‘for women’ that journalists should stop writing | The Atlantic Wire
- Kickstarter advice from the guy whose e-paper watch raised $7.1M | Co.Design
- Why first impressions don’t matter much for experiences | Farnam Street
- Australian brands need a marketing masterclass | Marketing Week
- It’s time to socialize the creative brief | Facebook Studio
- The reading renaissance | NYTimes.com
- Simplicity isn’t simple | FINCH
- The director and the techie: Music-video maker Chris Milk and Web guru Aaron Koblin use crowdsourcing to make beautiful art together | WSJ.com
- Sleepy, drunk, and away from your desk: how to be more creative.
- Revisiting: How to get out of a creative rut.
- And: Do you help people build happy life stories?
STW Group news.
- Developing brands for the connected consumer | Cornwell
- The new infomercial | DTDigital Insight blog
- Samsung Galaxy launch believed to be behind ‘Wake up’ teaser campaign | mUmBRELLA
- The Ogilvy PR internship experience | Ogilvy Public Relations Australia
- What is the meaning of profitabliity? | Moon Blog
- Has the iPhone just had its 1984 moment? | DTDigital Insight Blog
- Keep big ideas big | DTDigital Insight Blog