Picasso’s The Three Musicians at Emojiart: Art’s most famous works brought to you by the emoji. Welcome to a new edition of Linkness!
If you only read one thing.
- All possible states: Defending marketing against fundamentalism | Martin Weigel
- Be proactive with “Prefrontal Mondays” | 99U
- Thoughts and advice for public speaking from the former Technical Evangelist at Mozilla | Rawkes
- How Google uses data to build a better worker | The Atlantic
Data and technology.
- The rise of nostalgia tech (by an Amish futurist!) | Fast Company
- Sexism a problem in Silicon Valley, critics say. A good summary of a growing controversy | LA Times
- Why selfish people cooperate | Priceonomics
- The positive power of negative thinking | Adam Grant
- When looking at the successes of my peers, and seeing that my work has not yet gotten to that level, should I give up? | Tanner Christensen
- Survival creativity: “For the same reason it’s good to get outside after working indoors all day, I think it is equally healthy to train one’s mind to create in ways that do not cost anything. Survival creativity. This is less of a collapsitarian paranoia than a practical fear of ever finding one’s self priced out of creative thinking.” | Joanne McNeil
- The habits of highly successful young-adult fiction authors | The Atlantic
- Revisiting: The case for working with your hands | NYTimes.com
On Nextness this week.
- Steve Harris, the Managing Director of STW Group company The Brand Agency, attended the STW Group Silicon Valley Study Tour in October 2013. His report: LinkedIn values and leadership on a valley safari.
STW Group news.
- Westfield celebrates the boy who gives everything in Christmas campaign by Moon.
- And Moon creates look for Glasshouse Fragrances’ luxury brand extension range.
- OgilvyAction appoints Marcus Millgate for the newly created role of head of shopper marketing.
- Secrets of how to collaborate and innovate to be shared at SAGE, with Tim Devine, creative technologist with STW Group’s agency DT.
- RAC Roadside Assistance launches ‘We’ll get you to the good times’ campaign in WA via JWT Perth.
OMG | cool | wow.
- Are you in charge of putting together a conference or panel? Learn to Search.
- Podcast Thing helps you find your next favourite podcast.
- “Perhaps his next ad will just be an apology tacked onto a bulletin board.”
- EEEEEMAIL anonymously sends one of your sent emails to someone else…
Remember, you can receive the week’s best original and curated reading by email when you sign up to Nextness Once a Week.